Private: #B252 Happy Hour at Home Cherry Blossoms
April 16, 2020
Looking for a creative activity to do at home while you are doing your part to keep our community safe from corona virus? Do you have an old canvas and some acrylic paints laying around? Grab a brush and a glass and log in to paint along with Lyn. Unlike our usual happy hours, which are not structured, this one will be a little more step by step because of the nature of it being an online workshop. We hope you’ll join us and put your finished work on our “Quarantine Crafts” page on Facebook.
You will need:
- -A canvas/canvas board/Mixed media paper* – At least 9×12 inches
- -Acrylic plaint- Doesn’t need to be very expensive, a basic kit will be great
- -Paint brushes in a variety of sizes
- -Paint pallet- you can use ANYTHING, an egg carton, an old cookie tray covered in wax paper, I like to use a paper plate.
- -Water bucket- yogurt containers are the BEST!
- -rag (old t-shirts or dish towels work great)
- Make sure you prepare your space to be accident ready. What if your cat knocks your paint on the floor?
*If paper is what you have, it needs to be for mixed media. It means it can handle wet paint without falling apart. You can also improvise and use a piece of cardboard like from an amazon package or cereal box, or it you have it, a piece of wood. Get creative! Just make sure to prepare the surface if it’s paper or cardboard, i.e, with a coat of gesso or even just a layer of white acrylic before you start.
You can also purchase supplies online or at your local stores.
To participate, register and submit payment below. You will get a confirmation email right away with a “test” link to the online workshop site so you can test it. Registration will close 1 hour before the event, at which time all registrants will receive a new email with a link to join the real online workshop.
Questions? email email@example.com