Call for Entries open:
June 1 – September 5, 2018
Please visit www.quiltnational19.org for entry details or email email@example.com
85 quilts will be juried into the exhibition and Over $20,000 in cash awards will be given:
The Dairy Barn Arts Center is pleased to announce a set of new awards for Quilt National artists. With the support of the James Foundation, we are pleased to announce for the first time, our top winners will win purchase awards and their quilts will be placed into the National Quilt Study Center in Lincoln, Nebraska.
- Best of Show, $7,500 sponsored by the Robert and Ardis James Foundation
- Most Innovative Use of Material, $5,000
- Award of Excellence, $5,000
- Emerging Artist, $2,500
Cash /Travel Awards
- Quilts Japan Prize: Sponsored by the Nihon Vogue Corporation and the Japanese Handicrafts Association, this prize is granted to an American artist as an expression of gratitude for the teaching and guidance that American quilters have given to Japanese quilters. Recipients will travel and teach in Japan.
- Lynn Goodwin Borgman Award for Surface Design: Eligibility for this award, sponsored by Lynn’s mother, requires that the FACE OF THE WORK be composed ALMOST EXCLUSIVELY of fabric or fabric-like materials that YOU, the entrant, have altered through the use of various surface design techniques. Use of commercial materials for the batting and/or backing is permitted.
- Studio Art Quilt Associates Award. The SAQA Award will be awarded by the jurors to a quilt that is compelling, dynamic, and progressive. The SAQA Award will be $500. Winning artists who are not already SAQA members will be given a one-year membership.
- Heartland Prize: Granted to a resident of Ohio or one of its neighboring states, this
award is funded by the Nelsonville(Ohio) Quilt Company.
- Persistence Pays Award: Created to honor the memory of Quilt National’s longtime
director, Hilary Fletcher, this award is granted to the first-time exhibitor who has entered Quilt National the most times before gaining acceptance!
- Quilt Surface Design Symposium Award of Excellence sponsored by the Quilt Surface Design Symposium and awarded for exceptional achievement by a QSDS attendee.
- Domini McCarthy Memorial Award is funded by the family of Cliff McCarthy. The award honors an exceptional level of achievement.
- Young Emerging Artist Award sponsored by Bobby and Katie Pasquini Masopust, this award will be presented to a Quilt National exhibitor who meets the under 30 age requirement.